on 14 May 2012
My third baby was the one who wouldn't sleep,so i invested in a few books,all of which were very helpful.
No-cry sleep solution was first.Pantleys methods didn't work for my baby,but the book was well written and helped me understand baby sleep alot better.
Next was Baby Bliss.the methods didn't work with my baby at all but the author gave me a greater understanding of the importance of routine for bad sleepers,and the introduction of routine,naps,and an early night helped my baby sleep from 7pm til 4am before wanting a night feed.
At 9 months she still continues this routine-wakes between 3 and 4am for a feed,then again 2hrs later.
I was still annoyed as all the babies i knew,including my other 2,were sleeping through by this age.
Then i read this book and realised my babys sleep pattern is ok.She is getting plenty of sleep and although i'm still longing for that uninterrupted nights sleep,I'm doing absolutely everything right in helping her get there,which she will eventually.
The advice in this book is so soothing and washed away all the guilt and confusion i was feeling about my babys sleep.
I was horrified to read about the harmful effects of controlled crying as i tried it out for a few days before this book arrived,thinking that as i'd tried everything else it was my last resort.It really didn't work,only resulting in my baby growing fearful of being put in her cot for a sleep,and was very stressful for everyone in the house,including my older children who were so upset hearing their baby sister so distraught.Since reading this book I never let my baby cry more than a few mins now to see if she'll self-settle.
This book is a must-buy for the nurturing parent.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details