on March 22, 2003
Well, I was never really much of a phone person but recently I've needed to have my phone on me a lot. The only problem was that my last phone, the Siemens M35 was a bit on the bulky side and it always annoyed me when I carried it in my pocket because I could always just feel that it was there.
I was going to get a colour phone with a digital camera mainly because it's quite cool and I can play around with it, but I couldn't find one that was small enough and I realised that it wouldn't be worth getting just because of a colour screen.
After looking around I saw the Nokia 8310 and it was just so ludicrously small and tiny that I fell in love with it instantly. I was never all that enamoured with Nokia phones because they always seemed a bit on the tacky side of things and the menu system on the older phones I didn't like very much. This phone has a different menu sytem because it has more buttons and it works quite similarly to my old siemens phone, which was very nice indeed. It is also very solidly built but so small and light you would barely know it was there.
The phone also has a very bright white backlight which is so much more appealing than the dull green/yellow you get with other phones, and it also illuminates the keypad very well when you're in the dark. The phone is very well thought out and although i had to rethink certain things for writing texts you get used to it very easily. The FM radio is surprisingly clear although the hands free kit that you have to use with it has quite a bulky clip that spoils the look of it. Also when you are reading texts it displays it a page of text at a time, rather than letting you scroll down a line at a time, which i'm still trying to get used to. Rather nicely the phone stands on it's end and on its side, with no threat of falling. Funnily, when the the phone vibrates it spins round when you stand it on its end!
Overall, if you're looking for a very very small phone which works very well then you can't go wrong with this. All I want now is a colour picture phone as small as this and I'll be very happy indeed!
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?