on October 11, 2013
The illustrations on The Alchemy England deck are gorgeous and quite unusual, they dont follow the Rider-Whaite deck at all.

I was slightly confused by the black roses till I looked it up online and realised they represented Wands! The Rest of the Minors are nice to look at, I like the gold pentacles on a lush green background, the swords are highly decorated and the cups are nice but a little dark. The Courts are more gothic in feel, skeletal knights, Queens and Kings with the odd dragon thrown in for good measure. I am not so bothered by the Minors being so highly detailed.

The Majors are great and have a real Josh Kirby/Terry Pratchet/Discworld feel to them, the skeletal Heirophant looks just like the Discworld Death to me.

The cards are small but the cardstock is good and I dont feel that they will fall apart with constant use. They read straight away and are very chatty, I think they will be my regular deck from now on.

All in all, a very good purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink