5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone Ever, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
If you ask Siri, the IPhone 4s's voice activated assistant what the best smart phone is, it will reply the Lumia 900. Since then Apple had to actually patch an answer as they can't have their customers knowing about how green the grass is actually on the other side of the fence.

First off, this phone is a beauty to hold, it's comfortable to hold and enjoy the button placement on the sides of the phone. The screen is big as it is the currant trend for smartphones as they become sources of new and media devices as well as a means to phone/text with someone.

For the last few years I've had the original IPhone, IPhone 3g and the IPhone 4s and I'll be honest, I was never truly happy with any of them. I could never get a signal, I believe my research pointed to the use of metals inside the phone blocking or disrupting the signal and the fact I found the operating system very plain and boring. I always wanted to jump onto another series of smartphone but the fact is once you buy an Apple product it's very hard to get away as generally some of your friends will have them and the constant advertising. I was genuinely scared to change platform. My only real alternative was Android devices which just do not appeal to me as I find them complicated and again horrid looking thoguh I know them to be generally the most powerful devices.

I'd researched on the Lumia 900 which had won multiple awards before release and having watched videos of the Operating System in action felt comfortable enough to finally jump ship - a move I have never regretted. Had the Lumia 900 a month now and it's truly an innovative, efficient and simple phone to use. I've had no problem at all finding apps or app alternatives to those I used on IOS and my signal is always strong and this is due to the plastic fiber on the back of the phone.

Truly an amazing phone and so refreshing from Apple. I simply can not compliment this phone enough. I recommend anyone looting for a top end device to get this phone. If you a looking for a more affordable phone the Lumia 800 or 710 are just as amazing.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jun 2012 17:19:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jun 2012 17:29:37 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 17:46:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jun 2012 17:55:52 BDT
Danny D14 says:
I never claimed it was the best phone ever, just an amazing phone and refreshing change from Apple products which I have had problems with. However I personally believe its the best phone I've ever had, including a tech loving collegue of mine.

If you read up on most reviews the build quality is one of the highest rated features with the carbon backing and gorilla glass screen, both top of the line. It really doesn't get better unless you look at luxury high end phones as far as im aware.

An 8 mega pixel camera is the standard for a smartphone and shoots just fine with an incoming patch that will hopefully take mote advantage of its CarlZens lens. It may seem under-specced but its made the phone incredibly efficient in energy use and I don't know of any reported problems regarding otherwise. There is nothing in the windows 7 marketplace it can't handle.

The amoled screen was also rated the best screen in direct sunlight in comparisons to other high end phones, such as Iphone 4s.

Thank you for your comment, but your comment seems based off an initial reaction or day one useage. I highly recommend trying it again with a mote open view and less Apple bias perhaps if you are a fan boy / girl.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 17:46:28 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 22 Jun 2012 17:49:13 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2012 22:42:42 BDT
J.wms says:
I am a phone geek and currently own blackberry bold 9900, iPhone 4s and just sold my Samsung galaxy s111 to buy the nokia lumia 900. I agree that the build of the lumia is superb. The handset is a dream to use and frankly I don't care that w8 is coming soon. The amazing s111 just wasn't all that. It was made cheaply and didn't ever feel right in my hand. I spoke to three people last week who had either experienced the s111's weak screen syndrome, or knew someone who had. This 900 feels so solid and the screen is amazing. Why the negative comments? If you like it-buy it, if you don't-then look elsewhere. Simple.

Posted on 2 Aug 2012 11:16:13 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2012 10:59:48 GMT
Ms.Diamond says:
Clearly you are troll! If you are so in love with the Icrapple 4s why were you commenting and looking at the Nokia Lumia 900?
The screen gave you a headache? Best you go to the doctors, clearly there is something wrong with your eyes and brain to cause that kind of reaction. Especially as you appear to be the only person in the world to have reported this issue. I have not seen any product recalls because 'The screen causes headaches'
Again I ask if you are so much in love with the Icrapple why were you even looking at the Lumia in person.
Sounds like you are floating down that famous river "De Nile".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›