on 12 April 2013
I bought this bag as part of my winter kit for wild camping.

Pro's:
It's a smashing bag, with plenty of space in the HUGE main compartment, and 10 outer pockets, large and small, to keep anything that you want at hand. The webbing seems tough, and the variety of different configurations you can have regarding removing the outer pockets is great too.

Con's:
I took off one star for two reasons, firstly (and I'm being picky here) the zips have a tendency to stick - this was easily rectified with a little olive oil, but it does indicate that Web-Tex has skimped a little on what should be a 100% high quality product.
Secondly, the first time I tried the bag on my back with some weight in it, I clipped in the hip straps to one another, tightened it... ...and the buckle snapped - luckily I was just in my living room and not stranded out on the fell with 20kg of kit, but needless to say, that could've been a bit of a 'day-ruiner' if it had happened 20 miles from civilisation! I managed to fix the clip with a piece of wire and some ingenuity, and so far it's held out - but this again points towards a little corner-cutting going on at Web-Tex, as I didn't even have the strap that tight. Some metal buckles would've been nice.

In summary, the bag is fantastic on the whole, and that even with a few niggles here and there, I'd say it's still going to be in my main kit for a good few years to come.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details