on 16 September 2007
Now that I finally have this book, I can understand why these socks are being knit everywhere. Beautiful socks based on a thorough understanding of sock construction. I've read the book and learned a lot without having knit from it yet. (Not sure where to start, really!)

While the book takes you from scratch, its real strength seems to be as a resource for the somewhat experienced sock knitter. I know I'll refer to it for different heel and toe styles even when knitting from someone else's patterns -- but I'll be knitting for quite a while from this book!

The beautiful reticulated and mosaic patterns are terrifically appealing. Or if you prefer to knit with a single yarn, just find your gauge, browse the stitch dictionaries, and off you go.

The one thing I'd change about this book is the binding. I can see that it's not going to lie flat unless I mash the spine, and who wants to do that to a beautiful book?

Other than that reservation, I'm delighted with this book and recommend it to anyone who wants to kick their sock knitting up a notch.
24 people found this helpful