on 13 August 2009
I stumbled upon Mitch whilst looking for random stand-up videos on youtube in the midst of extreme bordem at my old job. I think his style of comedy is definately an aquired taste, one which suits my taste-buds well.

So I looked Mitch up on Wikipedia, and was saddened to learn that I had discovered him after his death. So I simply ran a search for him here on Amazon, and then bought this CD/DVD in the need to see more of his work.

For me, both the CD and DVD are thuroughly enjoyable. The CD is great as I can just sit back and listen to the obcure world view he portrayed and laugh my face off. Some people have said that the DVD is awkward as the audience don't really get him, but that doesn't really hinder my enjoyment of the show at all. I can just laugh at his jokes and ignore the audience reaction.

The interesting thing about the DVD is that it contains a TV-edit version, and the full length, uncut version. The reason why this is interesting is because you can see how they have attempted to edit down the show to make it seem as though the audience were 'getting' him more than they actually were. The full length version cracks me up, in the way he deals with the audience, and how he starts to figure out what makes them tick. There's also a softer side to his performance here, as you can clearly read that he is self conscious.

If you are a fan of Mitch, you should definately get this. You won't be disapointed.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink