on 25 March 2012
Unlike other buyers of this set, I experienced no problems with audio/visual quality. However, yet again I opened a brand new, factory-sealed DVD case and found the discs marked with scratches and finger prints. This is totally unacceptable - brand new DVDs should be in mint, pristine condition and not look like some secondhand purchase. What on earth goes on in the places where these things are manufactured!!??!!

This set is a bargain. Several of the films are available as individual features and would cumulatively cost more than this set if they were bought individually. With this package the price averages at something less than £2 per picture.

I was infuriated that I was obliged to pay Royal Mail an £8 "handling charge" before I could take delivery of this item. Royal Mail applies this charge to any package which has been intercepted by HM Customs. I was charged £3.06p Import VAT which I don't necessarily have a problem with. However, I do have a big problem with having to hand over a further £8 to Royal Mail in order to get my hands on my property.

If I owe HM Customs £3.06 it is up to them to contact me directly and give me the opportunity to pay online. They can then forward the package in the usual way. Why the hell should Royal Mail get involved? What entitles them to make these exorbitant charges? They did absolutely NOTHING to warrant making that £8 charge. The only service they provided was the one I had already paid for, i.e. delivering the item. This is nothing less than an act of legalised theft. It is utterly scandalous that this should be allowed to happen.

So, after paying postage on the item I had to pay the additional sum of £11.06p before I could take delivery of the goods I had already paid for. The total value of the order was £17.26p.

Yet another example of Rip Off Britain!
66 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?