on 7 August 2006
I trust Amazon will forgive me for not having purchased my printer from them but it was an executive decision this morning: buy yet another pair of cartridges and perhaps be stuck without a printer for another two or three days while trying to clear the heads on my Epson Stylus Photo 890, or buy a new printer now (at considerably more than Amazon's price) and be able to get back to work. As you might guess from the title for my review, I'm sufficiently pleased with the Canon iP4200 that I'm not even grieved at paying over the odds.

I knew the 4200 to be significantly slower than the 5200, my preferred choice, but was amazed at the speed with which it shot out an A4 page in draft mode which also was of very good quality. I've made a number of colour prints today on a variety of papers, none of them Canon's and all were outstanding, particularly those on Epson's Premium Glossy, and all were printed in double quick time compared to my old Epson and with aonly a fraction of the noise. I did have some streaking indicative of misaligned heads on the first couple of centimetres of the first A4 print I made but it seemed to self-correct as the printer continued - and so far no one else has noticed the streaking.

I had thought I might buy this printer to solve my immediate problem, then replace it with a better model later: I don't now think I'll be doing that.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.