on 19 November 2011
Bought the warranty for a new 51" Samsung D6900 Plasma TV and found that the warranty was by far the cheapest and most comprehensive as well.

You can even claim back 50% of the price back if you do not make a claim and cancel the warranty after 30 months or less.

I called to ask about a few anomolies which had been noticed by other buyers and was reassured that the policy wording was not correct and changes had been made that have not yet been reflected in the fine print. The anomolies were that advertised information on amazon said that no refurbished, rebuilt or second generation products would be given in replacement for unrepairable items but in the policy it says that at the insurers discretion they may offer this. It was confirmed that no rebuilt or refurbished 2nd generation goods would be offered as replacements only repair (if possible) cash settlement or a gift card for Amazon. Also it stated that a cash refund would be given for the full purchase price of the insured item but in the policy it says that the insurer may give a cash settlement or a gift card for a retailer. I was informed that any gift card would be for Amazon otherwise it would be a cash settlement. I am quite happy to buy from Amazon anyway as their return policy and customer service are second to none!

Square Deal answered the phone very quickly, were very responsive to my questions and dealt with setting up my policy with ease. Very pleasant mannered and great customer service. Certainly a refreshing change to some companies I have had to deal with in the past.

This warranty cost me £175.49 for 5 years yet the same warranty from Comet would have cost £479.99. No contest on price and the same level of cover, yet Comet would take my TV away for weeks to repair it if anything goes wrong and no doubt it would get mistreated and bashed around along the way. Square Deal will send an engineer to my home and repair it.

For me I think this warranty is excellent value for money and I am wholly confident that if anything happens to my TV Square Deal will full honour their word and do exactly what they have advertised fix it or give a cash refund or a gift card for Amazon to the value of the TV. Can't ask for any more square of a deal than that and I have peace of mind for the next 5 years!
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?