2.0 out of 5 stars HELL OF A FILM!, 8 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Night of the Demon (1957) [DVD] (DVD)
AFTER YEARS OF WAITING. MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE HORROR FILM(APART FROM 'THE DEVIL RIDES OUT)CAME OUT ONTO D.V.D.
I COULD NOT WAIT TO SETTLE DOWN TO WATCH.
WHAT A LET DOWN.DON'T GET ME WRONG,THE FILM IS STILL AS GREAT AS EVER.BUT-WHAT A TERRIBLE COPY.AS SOON AS IT CAME ON,I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW POOR THE QUALITY WAS.THERE WERE FLECKS ALL THROUGH THE CREDITS,WHICH FILLED ME WITH FOREBODING ABOUT WHAT WAS TO COME,AND IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF THE STORY.
IT HAD BEEN ON T.V.THE SAME WEEK,AND THERE WAS TWO 'JUMPS' IN THE 'SEANCE' SCENE.I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT,THERE THEY WERE ON THE D.V.D.COULD NOT SOMEBODY HAVE FOUND A BETTER COPY FOR TRANSFER TO D.V.D. NO RESTORATION.NOTHING.
OH,YOU DO GET SOME STILLS.WOW!
A FEW YEARS AGO,I SAW AN INTERVIEW WITH DANA ANDREWS,TALKING ABOUT THE FILM.HE SAID HOW HE WAS ANNOYED THEY HAD PUT 'THE MONSTER'IN,BECAUSE AS IT SAID IN THE FILM.-"PERHAPS IT'S BETTER NOT TO KNOW".THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD EXTRA.
A CLASSIC FILM.-RUBBISH D.V.D.

PAUL REEVES.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2010 09:53:58 GMT
A. W. Wilson says:
Did Paul and I see the same DVD? Seriously, I wonder, because my print is lovely (see my review A>Wilson).It's a shame because this might put people off (tho it does seem to be the only negative comment onthe print)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2010 17:35:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2010 17:39:54 GMT
I finally ordered this new UK release just yesterday. I chose it over the US release because of the booklet included. I would be suprised if the picture quality is rubbish though, with all the positive reviews this dvd has got. I will judge for myself though when I received it.

I've seen a few odd complaints before complaining abouth various other dvd releases and have disagreed. So like I said, I will be my own judge of this. I will comeback sometime and tell you what I think of this print, that's a promise.

If you really want to know a black and white film on dvd with atrocious picture quality, then try this. House On Haunted Hill

Posted on 26 Dec 2010 01:33:20 GMT
Al says:
I have also seen jumps in the movie. I don't think the ones I saw were in the same places you report but they were definitely there. I was surprised since I assumed the print would be perfect. Is there not a version with both the American and British release kicking around?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2014 08:41:42 BDT
Neil Ford says:
Don't type your reviews in all-capitals - it's painful to read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›