20 of 23 people found the following review helpful
Pretty good, but not brilliant....,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Sennheiser PXC 250-II Foldable Closed-Back Stereo Mini On-Ear Headphones with Noiseguard Active Noise Cancellation (Electronics)
- Nice compact size and with a little practice are easily folded up and packed into a small bag, which also had a pocket for my IPod Nano 5th Gen.
- Noise cancelling is quite good with no music on, with music on and noise cancel on you really can not hear anything around you
- Very reasonable price tag
- My nano with the EQ set to Rock really did not seem to have enough power to drive these so I had to use no EQ to get the most out of the volume level, which then reduces the bass which was a shame. When the noise cancel is off the volume is very quiet so they can not really be used without the noise cancel on (which does not bother me, but I thought I should note it down)
- Noise cancelling with music off is not great, its quite good. I have now purchased the Bose Quiet Comfort 15's which are astoundingly good with the noise cancellation, but not as practical in size.
- The battery pack half way down the cable is very annoying when you are squashed on a train, I seemed to have to do a lot of fiddling about getting myself setup for my journey, sorting the cable, clipping on the battery pack under my tie which falls off when you are walking around.
I know this looks like more bad than good, but in overall performance they are not bad at all, I am now using them for my wifes IPad and I have the Bose in my ruck sack for going to work.