on 1 April 2011
In recent weeks, I came across this Essential Pop Anthems Collection which was priced at a bargain price and I quickly looked at the back cover and was pleasantly surprised that there was over 50 tracks that I had not got on any of my other similar compilations. This has now meant that I will be able feature some new material on my BCR 103.1fm Radio shows!

On listening to this compilation, it was good to hear two of my favourite top 5 UK hits from the 70s: "That's the way I like it" (KC & Sunshine Band - 1975 "You to me are everything" (The Real Thing - 1976) as remixed versions performed by Dead or Alive , Lisa Stansfield & Sonia, respectively in this compilation at tracks: 39, 30 & 39.

Overall, this compilation has some excellent tracks that do not necessarily get onto these compilations and hence getting the airplay they deserve.

I highly recommend you to buy this Essential Pop Anthems compilation by Sony from 2009 which is well worth it!
What's this?