on 5 June 2006
I am a long standing Studio Ghibli fan and have enjoyed every film so far, but of them all this is the one I enjoyed the least.

I found it a struggle to watch and at times even found myself bored. I found the pace to be wanting and also felt it to be a very masculine film overall, but this maybe the very reason I did not enjoy it has much has others from Hayao Miyazaki's work which I feel are more balanced in that respect.

I rarely like the dubbed versions, but did find Michael Keatons voice was very well suited to the central character.

The animation, as always with Studio Ghibli, is superb and the flight scenes are quite breathtaking. The story was not lost on me, but I did find myself skipping through bits out of boredom.

Not the best of work from Studio Ghibli, but by no means a terrible piece of animation work. I just didn't enjoy the story as much as others from Studio Ghibli.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?