Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 June 2006
I find with Margaret Atwood books that I either love them or hate them. Love: Handmaids Tale and Oryx and Crake. Couldn't get past first couple of chapters of Blind Assassin. This is one I loved, I just wished it was longer.

It seems like a snack of a book with only a few short chapters. It is funny, thoughtful and intriguing enought to make me dive into the Iliad.

I love the idea of taking a myth in hand and rewriting it from the ignored woman's perspective. I always enjoyed the fairy tales that switched to the wolf's perspective as well though.

I liked the take on the afterlife and yes I also enjoyed Helen being a bimbo. It really makes you wonder, why did he kill the maids?
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?