Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 5 June 2012
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this installment of the Victorian Sleuth, Lady Julia Grey. With beautiful language, an exotic locale, the tribulations of a repressive Victorian society of the Raj and trouble brewing just below the breath taking surface all adds upto a wonderful bedside read every night. Like I do with all my favourite books, I try not to read it fast lest the magic is lost but try to stretch my reading it so that I may savour every page of it. This is exactly what I did with this book.

The array of mysterious characters indeed adds much to the enigma of the story. One will never be able to guess the identity of the culprit until the very last and this is what makes this book extremely readable. I recommend this book to all Victorian mystery romance readers and to all those who appreciate a tantalizing bedside read. Of course we are not deprived of a male-counterpart and Raybourn gives us the pleasure of coming across the solemn good looks, a man of considerably few words but definitely a man possessing great sensuality - Brisbane, Julia's newly wedded husband. Since this was my first introduction into the whole series, I found the character of Brisbane slightly remote and brooding under the weight of his own burdens perhaps. However, I do look forward to coming across new dimensions in Brisbane's character in the next installment.

I enjoyed this novel to no bounds and I sincerely hope you do too. Happy reading!
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink