on 19 April 2011
I'm a very basic Barbecue user, generally putting it into the boot of the car along with charcoal etc and then stopping somewhere we regard as nice and setting up the BBQ to make something tasty.

This book, whilst full of excellent recipes and great photos of the finished product well supported by a detailed ingredients list and How to Cook it data did rather disappoint me because so many of the recipes required a food processor or food blender and sometimes an oven to pre-prepare the food for cooking on the BBQ.

That's fine and well if you plan only to BBQ at home but that's not how I use a BBQ and I had hoped that I'd have found an extensive range of menus for which could pre-buy the food then follow the instructions on how to cook it when at a remote location. That unfortunately wasn't the case although I have added some new menus to my rather short list, it isn't as many as I'd hoped for.

Maybe my expectations were set too high as we here in the UK do tend to be back garden Barbecue users whereas my prior experience with BBQ's was in Australia where setting up the BBQ in the back of beyond was very much the norm.

If you are a back garden BBQ user who is comfortable with several hours work in the kitchen preparing the food for cooking on your BBQ then this book is an excellent source of menus.
What's this?