VINE VOICEon 9 June 2013
I will admit, I'm not the worlds biggest animation fan, I love Toy Story and Shrek but that's about it. However, when I saw Wreck It Ralph I was intrigued. I recognised some of the iconic game characters and it looked really fun. One problem though... No-one to go with. I just thought it'd be weird, me and my other half (aged 24 and 30 respectively) going to see a kids film. We finally got round to watching the DVD today.

And it's a great film! The basic plot is that Wreck It Ralph is a character from an arcade game and he's sick of being the bad guy. He is told that if he wins a medal from another game this might prove that he's a nice guy. So the adventure begins...

Of course, it's much more complex than that but it'd spoil the film if I told you the whole plot! There are some great characters in this and some you will recognise. I really liked Ralph and Venelope. The friendship they developed was so believable. The animation was brilliant and there were lots of details which was impressive.

There were some truly sad moments - I had tears in my eyes when the arcade characters had their plugs pulled and were begging in the station. So sad! I also worried every time a character left their game as you can't regenerate if you die outside of your game. There was a twist at the end which I didn't see coming.

It lost a star as some reviews liken it to Toy Story and it really isn't. Nothing will ever be as good. What it is is a great film for adults and children alike. I would highly recommend it.
What's this?