on 11 November 2013
I bought this last Christmas for my husband. It was part of a running gag.
Each year, whenever I asked him what he would like as a gift, instead of saying "you don't need to give me anything" he would say "a turd". Of course, I'd get him a real present and, when he wanted to find out what it was, instead of telling him "it's a surprise", I'd say "it's a turd, specially delivered from an exclusive turd shop in Paris, complete with flies".
So, when I saw this, I laughed out loud and spent weeks imagining his reaction. All during December, at random times, I'd remember the turd and start laughing to myself. When he asked why, I couldn't say.
When Christmas Eve came, I was not dissapointed by his reaction! My inlaws also had a good laugh. My father in law kept moving the turd from spot to spot in the room, like a kid.
I think the best part of a gift is seeing the reaction of the receiver. That made this one of the best Christmas gifts ever for me! Silly and cheerful!
What's this?