on 3 October 2004
I have just bought this book. I am only about 1/8 of the way through but I am so excited by it that I wanted to post a review (something I have never done before) anyway.
The only thing so far that lets it down is that some of Bragg's comparisons of the English language to events that have happened to England in the past 1500 years are slightly too romantic for my personal taste, although perfectly viable.
Anyway I don't want to say too much about it. Go and read it!
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?