on 30 May 2014
I needed a new laptop, my trusty Acer was starting to let me down and the battery had been dead for a long time. I bought a wonderful Sony Vaio Tap 11 and loved it but....... windows 8!........... sorry couldn't hack it, i gave up trying after 3 days that i will never get back, only then did i go onto the forums and found that i was not alone, it seemed to me that anyone wanting to actually work (at work) with windows 8 was having the same bad feeling about it as me.

I then found that you can still buy windows 7 laptops on line for business use. That was enough to swing me toward Mac after all I love using my iPad but still couldn't get away with iPad only on business trips even with office 365 installed.

I bought the MacBook Air 13" and after just a couple of glitchy things (like learning there is no right click, you just tap the trackpad with two fingers instead of one) I have taken to it like a duck to water. Yes I have full office via my office 365 subscription and its all working out fine.

I'm at a London conference right now and haven't even travelled with my charger as the battery life is heroic, I used it a lot yesterday and last night and the battery is still showing 66%. This will be great for my regular 10 hour flights to the States!

I invested in a "for Dummies" book as there are lots of tips and shortcuts that might have taken an age to find.

All in all this was a dream purchase and like so many others have said before me i wish i had changed over sooner, so at least i can thank windows 8 for helping me make my decision.
11 Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.