on 16 March 2006
The amazing visuals and wonderful mexican music are fantastic. As well as the insight you get into the mexican culture. I really enjoyed the use of the dream sequences, and the collage effects. If you are an artistic person you will really love this. I always liked her art-but the film of her life really helped me to understand her work and talent. The story is tragic and moving but also has great humour. At the end of it does make you think what amazing woman she was and the film is a great tribute to her. I saw this a fair while after it came out and I can't believe I missed it!

I would say it is evident the film makers have toned down the character of Frida to make her more acceptable to a wide audience. From a documentry I saw many years ago which showed an interveiw of her-I would say she was a much more unusual, challenging personalty than portrayed and could really be quite shocking. However it doesn't diminish the film in anyway.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?