5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bodi-Tek Aroma Stone - Oil Vaporiser - White (Personal Care)
You can pour quite a lot of stuff in it, and it obviously seems to reach a suitable temperature because the smell that comes off is really potent, which is just what I wanted. I find that its best to even water down the liquids you put in, because it tones down the harshness of the potency a bit, and it also makes it last longer.

I use about 1 part marjoram oil, 1 part lavender extract, and 1 or 2 parts water. Swish them around and pour in about a table spoon full. Within 10 minutes or so it has filled my room with the aroma, really great.

Also it is fairly hot to the touch, like a plate full of food or something, but it's not hot enough to ever be a fire hazard which was a bit of a relief for me.

Only negative is that there's no switch on it, so you just either plug it in or pull the plug out. Price is fair enough but I'm sure they could have included a little switch on the back or something.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2014 11:38:55 GMT
Great review thank you. I will now go ahead and purchase one but agree with you that an on/off switch makes it more user friendly! :-)

Posted on 9 Jan 2014 11:39:55 GMT
I was wondering if the stone gets stained in the white with the oils or if better to be safe and order the blue one?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 15:28:29 GMT
Mark Twain says:
Doesn't seem to stain. My mum has the blue one, I have white. I actually prefer the white because when I pour the liquids in to stone, you can see that they are completely transparent and colourless, it just looks like water. And I find that it smells really nice like that. But if I leave it on for a day or two straight, the water all evaporates and the liquid starts to kind of cook slightly. Everything turns to a yellow kind of syrup and the smell starts to go bitter and not as nice. So I just wipe out all the yellow goo with some tissue paper and then the thing is clean and ready to go again. They are really cool! Love the smell and it does seem to help me with sleeping and relaxing and stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 15:42:54 GMT
Thank you, I worked so hard making the house smell all Christmassy a few weeks ago with candle burners and oils and not letting them go dry thus giving the burnt bitter smells that this will be a breeze! Thanks for your help.
I live in Iceland at present and it is dark 20 hours/day at this time of year so I don't have trouble sleeping, this will just help me feel good and brighten up the day!

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2014 20:20:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jan 2014 20:21:52 GMT
Mark Twain says:
You're welcome, hope you like it too! I am still new to aromatherapy but it certainly seems to work. I love that it's natural but even without any chemicals it really seems to relax me and clear my head and my sinuses too. I use it at night but sometimes during the day too, because I work from home sometimes so it's nice to just have on while I'm working.

The Lavender extract was to help me relax and helps to sleep. The Marjoram helps open up your head and sinuses, makes it a bit easier to breath and it smells nice too. So I mix the two together and it smells really nice and does seem to help. Interesting to think that there are probably lots of other concoctions you could mix to achieve different stuff.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›