on 21 March 2006
I recommend this album to any Texas fans, or to anybody willing to discover what the band is about.
I find it to be one of Texas' most intimate and best executed albums.I must admit I didn't immediately like it on the first listening, apart from the songs to which I had listened to previous to buying the CD, such as "Can't resist" or "What about us", and almost thought it was a bit too soft or boring... but a few listenings after, I found myself discovering the little gems this album was made of.
I can understand some people that have liked the band from day one, (I consider myself to be a fan from the very beginning myself), might think this doesn't relate completely to the first albums(which I completely loved), but in my opinion the band has simply evolved in time, just like anybody else does. (i.e.- Sharleen doesn't seem to deliver as much her "strong beautiful voice" anymore, but I wouldn't say it's "breathy nothingness" either...it's evolution in my opinion. Though everybody is entitled to their opinion, that's for sure.

Summing up, give this album a good listening, don't give up on the first try! It's a 10 out of 10!
What's this?