on 28 May 2011
I found this book disappointing. There aren't many photos in the first half of the book at all, which is a little strange when fashion and style are such visual entities. The problem is, there's a lot of writing, some of it useful, but much of it boring and not at all helpful or even interesting (or at least, I didn't think so).

The authors' tone grated on me at times as well; it's very much in the style of 'I'm the fashion expert and you're the clueless fashion victim', and is full of Americanisms. Personally, I've got a very clear sense of my clothing style, as I'm sure other readers of these kinds of books have - we read them because we love the creativity and expression of clothes, shoes and accessories, and enjoy reading other peoples' views on style/seeing photographic examples.

For that reason, I'm quite a fan of fashion/style books, but this one left me feeling uninspired.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.