VINE VOICEon 22 July 2009
I received this amazing album as a birthday present and I'm in love with the Capercaillie sound all over again. Karen Matheson's voice is sensual and velvety as ever and the band's playing is always exceptional and an absolute treasure to listen to. Karen's voice throughout this album is beautiful and haunting in its delivery. The musicians also let their individual talents shine throughout this CD and they aid Karen's voice effortlessly.

On listening to this album a couple of times all the way through, I feel that they are pretty much back to their best as heard on their earlier albums 'Delirium' and 'To The Moon'. I don't have a particular favourite on this outstanding album but if I was to choose one I would pick 'Soldier Boy'. There's something about its hauntingly beautiful lyrics and the band's playing. But ultimately I will choose the entire album cause all the tracks are stunning.

Capercaillie have made some exquisite albums over the years and they remain firmly my favourite band I've heard. This album has cemented that claim and I think this album is top quality and pure listening pleasure. This is my kind of paradise.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?