on 7 June 2014
I like this product very much. I have been writing a large amount lately. I travel across the UK extensively for my work and I don't want to take my desktop computer with me. A laptop can often be overkill and the iPad is often all that is needed. I have learned to type on the virtual keyboard but it is much slower than the speed at which I normally type.

The package arrived and the keyboard is very well packed. It is supplied with a USB lead to charge the keyboard and 8 self adhesive feet along with an instruction leaflet. I found that four sticky feet placed on the underside of the keyboard, at the corners, are more than enough to provide a stable non-slip base. It is the work of 20 seconds to pair the keyboard with the iPad. It was a nice surprise to find that the keyboard permits the iPad to be used in both the vertical and the horizontal orientation (I was only expecting the support to work for use horizontally) and the iPad feels secure in the keyboard slot in either orientation when typing.

Typing feel quality is good with short key travel and it is also quiet to use. The spacing between the keys is not full size but I am sure that I will adjust to it after a short time. Laptop owners will probably be instantly at home with the keyboard size. I use an extended keyboard at home so the size is influenced by the numerical section of the wired keyboard by Apple. I am sure that once I can locate every key by feel alone, the Anker product will be easier to use than it is now. The fit and finish of this item is really excellent. The keyboard has 4 rubber-like supports that let the screen of the iPad sit against them securely.The magnetic hinge is very cleverly designed and the iPad feels securely closed and easy to carry, for what is just a small weight penalty. The aluminium finish to the underside of the keyboard makes it look as if it was made by Apple just for the iPad.

The bluetooth connection is great and the response to opening or closing the cover is instant, turning the iPad and the keyboard off or on simultaneously. The support which opens when the iPad is located in the slot for typing rests against the back of the iPad. It is thoughtfully covered at the end which rests against the iPad case with a grippy rubber like substance which mirrors that which is found in the four feet which support the screen when the keyboard cover is closed.

Given the fact that the iPad did not originally come with a keyboard, the product is a brilliant aftermarket solution and it should not need saying that it is produced to the usual high quality I have come to expect from products manufactured by Anker. That being the case, the 18 month warranty is an added bonus which means people can buy this product with confidence. It works as expected and is made to a high standard.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.