6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Emotional Vampires: Dealing With People Who Drain You Dry (Paperback)
This is a great book! Very amusingly written too in my opinion. It covers:
1. Antisocial (rebels, basically), including:
2. Histrionic (always ill, the look-at-me types), including:
3. Narcissists (convinced they're better than everyone else), including:
Lazy people (refusing to do naff jobs)
4. Obsessive compulsives (their way is the only way), including angry perfectionists (the bad boss types)
5. Paranoid (crazy idea spillers, conspiracy theorists, etc), including the deluded, madcap inventors, etc
Easily my favourite psychology-type book - accessible and funny. Really helped me to understand some people I have had the misfortune to meet! And to understand some of my own traits!
One of the few genuine 5 star books I have - useful throughout, no filler.
I don't understand some of the low reviews! This book is a gem if you have to deal with wannabes, naysayers, teacher-types, bullies, liars, cheats, hypochondriacs, insulters, guilt-trippers and all-round idiots.