on 20 October 2009
I was really looking forward to this book as I've started to read up on the life and career of Muhammad Ali. I'm also a big boxing fan so I felt that I was in for a treat with this...oh how wrong I was!
This is supposed to be an account written by Norman Mailer following 'the Greatest' before his big fight with George Foreman. What I couldn't understand was why Mailer was writing as the third man, that just seemed pointless.
I also feel that he wrote this, not so much for boxing enthusiasts but for Norman Mailer enthusiasts as a lot of it is very much about how wonderful an author and how highly thought of he is, not what I wanted to read.
All I wanted to see was an account of the build up of one of the biggest fights of the century, all I got was a load of extravagant nonsense!
It gets two stars as there are some interesting pieces in there but for the most part it was just very dull.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.