on 26 February 2014
I was a bit sceptical about this - I didn't believe it would be 'hardcore' enough to make a difference. I used to have sports massage for knots and tightness (especially in my upper back), and didn't think this could replicate that effect.

What I have found is that the roller helps prevent you from getting knots in the first place. I use it for about 5 minutes after strength training (on the muscle groups I've worked), and have found it makes a big different to delayed onset muscle soreness and tightness. My body isn't generally very good at clearing away lactic acid on its own, and the rolling seems to help flush it out after a workout.

You can find lots of examples of how to target different muscle groups online. The roller is also fantastic for opening up your upper back (sit or lie down, position the roller under your shoulderblades and recline - ahhhh!)

You would still need some massage balls (or similar) for trigger point work if you do get knots, however I wouldn't be without this now, as a preventative aid.
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?