Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 5 June 2014
This product promises big, but just doesn't deliver.

It feels extremely churlish to write this review, as it was bought for me as a 50th birthday present, but the truth is, it's incredibly disappointing.
My birthday was in December; I hadn't had it 5 months before it started falling to pieces. So far the plastic edging has cracked where it was carried horizontally from one table to another; and 2 of the 4 velcro strips that keep the lid shut tight have come away from the little glue strips used to affix them. Result is that I've found pieces of puzzle on the floor, very luckily I haven't lost any.

What the other critics say is true. It's flimsy, poorly executed, and the slots into which the lid folds to become a stand are too shallow to do the job securely.

I've given 2 stars only because I like being 50 and the basic felt puzzle board is ok if you have a good table to support it (in which case you probably don't need the thing in the first place. So 2 stars is probably me being overly generous.

I'm sorry, Puzzle Mates. Build better, charge more, and puzzlers will be much happier.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink