on 29 March 2011
Having listened to the wonderful stories on these audio CDs, I have to say that it was well worth the purchase!
The stories are great, and the readers (Joan Hickson, Isla Blair and Anna Massey) do a superb job of bringing each character to life.

Having seen Joan Hickson on television in the role of Jane Marple (the best Jane Marple ever, imho), it was very easy for me to "see" her as the stories unfolded. Isla Blair and Anna Massey, also brought Jane to life very convincingly. I admit, I was surprised to see that Joan Hickson was not the only reader (the information I read seemed to have left that bit out), but the two other actresses both give high quality readings, so it worked out all right.

When I found the 'Final Cases', and saw that they were complete and unabridged, I was so pleased. Abridged stories might be useful for quick reads, but they can miss so much of the little details, which for me, are just as important as the main story.

About the only disappointment I felt (and it is truly just a tiny one), is that I cannot listen to the stories while I am studying, as it becomes too distracting! However, they are perfect for listening to while I am driving, or if I am just having some quiet time in the house. I do wish that there were more stories on the CDs, but that gives me an incentive to look for more audio stories, hopefully also read by Joan Hickson.

If you like Agatha Christie, and Jane Marple in particular, I thoroughly recommend 'Miss Marple's Final Cases' (Complete and Unabridged) audio CDs. They are the perfect complement to the books, and perfect for listening to while driving, or at home during "quiet" times.
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details