on November 2, 2009
The Human Race is a fantastic thriller. At first I could not get away from drawing comparisons to Dan Brown and 'that' style of writing - a plot heavily laden with interesting scientific facts and intriguing geography and fast moving through different landscapes and subplots. As I delved further into the book I was actually annoyed at myself for my initial pigeon-holing of Heaton's writing with the likes of The Da Vinci Code. Obviously, Dan Brown is successful for a reason, but The Human Race, in my opinion, is more intellectually challenging and also carries a clear moral message regarding climate change and our obligation to this frail planet.

The characters in The Human Race are completely believable, and not being a scientist I was soon convinced that teleporting could be a viable means of international travel. Apparently it probably isn't possible though. Never mind.

In reading The Human Race, Heaton has convinced me of two things. The first is that I really should try and get to Iceland for a holiday sometime soon as he describes it so wonderfully. The second is that he has drawn me into his world now and I need to know what happens next in this thrillogy.
What's this?