Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on April 28, 2012
Any review seems a little redundant after that first splendid analysis, but this is my penn'orth...

I've noticed three negatives keep coming up in the reviews; comfort, overblown bass and cable "noise", so I'll do the bad stuff first.

Comfort - you really need to try before you buy. I have small ears that buds WILL not fit and will not stay, yet once I'd fiddled around and got the right buds and got them seated properly I found them incredibly comfortable and they do not budge. You do need to get used to the loop, but you find it uncomfortable just unloop it, they'll still stay solidly in your ears due to the clever weighting system.

Overblown bass - this is a matter of taste as much as anything, but certainly once you get them set up right the bass will make your brain rattle. It can sound overblown indoors but these are made for on the move. All the reviewers that I've seen complain of the bass are sitting in their armchairs, but go outside and it equalises perfectly. Otherwise, change the settings on your device.

Cable noise - I haven't noticed it. Whether some models were faulty, I don't know, but I simply haven't heard it at all, and I've tested it all ways.

So, in summary I find them fantastic - beautiful sound, far exceeding any in-ears I have ever heard before, very comfortable, look the business. You do need to fiddle, they have to be seated perfectly but once you get there, they're fabulous.

My only tiny quibbles are that at this price I'd expect a better jack, preferably L-shaped and not covered in shiny plastic (means you end up pulling on the cable to remove the jack; not good). And the iDevice switch is very small and fiddly, even worse than the Apple one. But in all the important things, these have everything right.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?