on 28 February 2014
Before you read this review you need to know that I am biased. In other words if it had been about someone who I had never heard of I doubt I would have given it five star. After all would I really be that interested in reading about a crab fisherman?
However many moons ago I had got tired of my husband trying to persuade me to watch Deadliest Catch. To keep him quiet I decided to give it a go. Who would've thought that long after my husband has lost interest in it I would've been the crab fishing addict. So much so that if anyone had asked me to join their boat I would've said yes! (Er maybe not Keith's boat).
Anyway after a slow start ( crab fishing really isn't as exiting a read as watching it) I started to really enjoy the book.
Learning about Phil's father and meeting the famous Mary (mother to Phil's boys). All this time I had wondered why she had left such a lovely guy. After reading this book I am amazed she stayed as long as she did!
Then to read about the shocking way the boys had been treated by their step mother and the (not so) temporary loss of their own mother!
Really it's not surprising Jake turned to drugs. Though actually it would've been less surprising if Josh had.
Phil wasn't the best husband or father that's for sure. He certainly lived his life to the full, but the best description of him is on page 184. "Some people have got it," said Tony, and some people don't. Phil had it"
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details