on 23 February 2009
These headphones do pretty much what the manufacturer says they will, but ultimately the sound is disappointing. I used them for the first time on a long haul flight from UK to the Caribbean, and the noise cancelling circuitry worked pretty well. They were comfortable to wear for extended periods and not hearing the jet roar made for a less tiring flight - pity they couldn't do anything about the legroom!
Where they disappoint me is in the sound quality. The music sounds 'muddy' with very little dynamic separation. The sound is adequate but far from inspiring. I wasn't expecting the highest sound quality from noise cancelling 'phones, but I was expecting better than they delivered. I don't feel strongly enough about this to send them back, but I do kind of wish I'd spent the extra on some Bose headphones - you get what you pay for I guess!
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?