on 4 October 2013
You don't need to like a Roger Corman film to like this book. I have to be honest I don't have many of his films in my collection or particularly feel the urge to watch any but I am aware of his importance to many in the film industry.

Movie themed books can fall into two categories. Some are too picture heavy with very little or no text. Others are text heavy, perhaps over analytical, academic and possibly a slog to get through.

This is slap bang in the middle. There's a lot of superb colour photographs, illustrations and posters and they are accompanied by bite sized talking head's from Corman's admirers and co-workers amongst an occassional synopsis of one of his movies. I like books I can dip into.

I don't think this book will turn me towards watching many more of his films but I have my eye on a couple that I might take a look at.

Favourite Corman films (that come to mind) Piranha, The Little Shop of Horrors, Battle Beyond the Stars. No doubt I could probably contradict my early comments by reeling off a lot more that I like. Also Corman's World is a must have Blu Ray/DVD to accompany this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink