on January 4, 1999
I've got most of the books on patterns and find that this is the one I use the most. The writing is clear, the patterns address problems that I run into, and mostly the solutions are just what I need. This book is great to give to analysts who are having trouble agreeing with each other, because they often are persuaded by the book. It is great to give to analysts who are trying to master OO concepts, or to programmers who don't understand why things have to be so complicated. Everybody I know who has read it likes it. I just wish more people would read it!
The only thing I don't like about the book is the notation. I wish he had used UML. On the other hand, after you spend a few days with it, it isn't hard to understand. It is just one more notation.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?