on 5 December 2010
There is a lot of good info for the aspiring photographer, but also too many mistakes - from contradicting itself, leaving out important relevant info because of trying to keep it short and snappy, to just plain out-and-out wrong (see the excitement in telling us how just a change from first to second-curtain flash (the ONLY change made, it says ...) totally changes the the amount of ambient light in the example picture ... as if! Sorry, whoever wrote this book, you don't alter the laws of physics that easily!)

I loved the first book, but this one seems to me to have been written by someone who was not that expert at photography, who was maybe just reproducing 'recipes', but without the real knowledge to know when they'd copied it down wrong. So, I found I couldn't trust the new things I found in the book, because of the mistakes I saw in the things I already new ...

I think Scott 'outsourced' this one - and maybe some of these 'recipes' need to be taken with a pinch of salt ;-)
What's this?