I was looking for a nice, light summery book to read and this one happened to catch my eye. And I ended up loving it!
I loved that this was such a geeky book. It was making me want to go and buy tonnes of comics and spend hours playing video games. But I was too hooked into the story to do all of that.

So our main character Madelyne is popular. But she's a massive geek at heart. She hides all of this because she thinks her friends will outcast her for being geeky. At first, I was pretty annoyed with Madelyne for hiding this part of her and pretending to be someone else. I gradually started to understand why she did it, but I was still annoyed at her for not being true to herself. It meant she was constantly lying to her friends and watching her back so that she didn't get caught. But I actually did like her. She was such a brilliant character.

And then Logan walks into her world. Logan is everything Madelyne wishes she could be. He's a geek and he doesn't care what other people think. He's sweet, funny, charming and extremely geeky (which I loved so much!). His family owns a comic book store where he works and it's also where he and Maddie have their first encounter.

I loved Maddie and Logan together. He brought out the best in her and made her more herself. He gradually got her to come out of her shell and embrace her inner geek. I loved seeing when they were out together LARPing or hanging around at the comic book store. They were just so perfect.

So Logan's best friend (who's name has slipped my mind right now, but I'm pretty sure it begins with a D) was awesome too! He was hilarious! He had some good advice for Maddie and he helped her along the way.

This was such an adorable read. I was smiling and laughing most of the way through this book (although the laughing had to be kept to a minimum since I was up until 2am reading it). But I just couldn't get enough of this book or the characters. It was so cute!
If you're looking for a light, summer read then this is definitely a book I recommend.
What's this?