Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Fitbit

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Waste of Time and Money, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: NETGEAR WN2000RPT-100UKS N300 Mbps 802.11n Universal Wi-Fi Desktop Range Extender (Wi-Fi Booster) (Accessory)
I bought this as I have the same problem as many. My router is in the front of the flat and my office is in the back. I didn't want to drag an ethernet cable through the flat but now I wish I had. I bought this product purely based on the review and some research.

I was told it is easy to set up and initially it appeared to be the case. Straight forward and simple. A little bit of effort was required to get the positioning right but nothing more.

However it doesn't connect to my BT home Hub. Simple. Nothing I can do. I rang BT and they were very helpful and patiently eliminated all of the other possibilities leaving the Booster to be the only reason.

They suggested I rang Netgear for support. And this is the problem. Nothing but a strange tune being played over a over. No voice mail or person to speak with.

Please avoid this product for no other reason than if you are not an IT expect assume you will need support and if this is the case don't count on any.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Apr 2011, 15:54:43 BST
D. Halberg says:
Never ever make the mistake of believing BT when they say something other than their equipment is the cause of the problem, it is almost always their sub-standard equipment that is at fault.

Posted on 26 Apr 2011, 11:06:58 BST
Last edited by the author on 26 Apr 2011, 11:07:32 BST
SnowmanPete says:
I must admit, I agree with D. Halberg, BT equipment is cheaply manufactured and in my experience has never functioned as it should. I doubt it was the netgear unit, more like BT's router software. I scrapped my Homehub as soon as I got it and replaced it with a Netgear, never looked back!

Posted on 12 Nov 2011, 14:11:21 GMT
I'd agree with the other posters. Homehub has a poor signal and won't work with some well known devices eg Apple's Airport Express. Change to a decent router and you may have no need of a range extender.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012, 21:38:59 BST
Baz says:
BT HH1 can be coupled with extenders by wireless but HH2 and HH3 cannot. You can however connect them by using network cable patch into powerline adapters.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2014, 10:36:01 BST
P. Kendell says:
Linksys RE6500 works OK with BT HH2. However, Powerline or direct Ethernet cabling is always preferable to using wireless extenders if at all practical.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›