on 27 September 2012
I've just finished reading this book, my first Linwood Barclay and had no idea what I was letting myself in for. This book is highly addictive, brilliantly written and 100% unique in its content. If you like action thrillers, spy books or a great story where you really can't wait to read what happens next, this is your book.

The story is about a schizophrenic man who spends all his time on a website called Whirl 360 (a bit like a futuristic version of Google maps) that means he can walk the streets of America in a virtual sense without ever leaving his bedroom. Probably just as well, as he thinks he has been recruited by the CIA to remember the names of all the streets! One day he sees someone being murdered and the story picks you up and takes you from there...

The writing is fast paced and continually hooks you and the characters are so well written that I actually found myself feeling the way the main character does -a recluse with severe mental health issues who spends all his time on a computer, which is the complete opposite of myself.

The only thing I would say that lets this book down is that it does not come with a disclaimer on the front of the book to tell you that you will lose hours of your time reading this as it is impossible to not know what happens!!

If they ever bring this out as a movie, I will book my ticket in advance and will certainly be following up on the other Barclay novels I have missed to keep me going over the summer holidays.

10/10.
0Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?