on 16 February 2007
I have this in a box set with 7 other of his films and a documentary. I really like Stanley Kubrick and his films so it's a pleasure to watch them and last night I watched Lolita for the first time (I only got chance last night). Now I haven't read the novel this is based on so I don't know any different but it is a compelling film about how far a man will go for love. The only fault I found with it is the performance of Charlotte Haze (Shelly Winters) I found it was over the top but other then that I really enjoyed the film.

The story everyone knows by now so I won't go into detail but they deliver career bests in there performance and Peter Sellers steals the film and he has some funny lines in the film.

I think that Stanley Kubrick is a master at his work and I will watch the films in this box set over the coming nights.

The dvd has a trailer for the film and that's it but you don't watch a Kubrick film for the special features.

Stanley Kubrick explores a theme he would revisit later in his career with the film EYES WIDE SHUT.

These themes are relevant today as much as they were back then.

All in all a really good film
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details