Colour: White / Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I confess that until I received this little beauty I had my doubts about the usefulness and efficiency of steam mops. I had tried cheaper models in the past and given them up as a bad job. Not this one though!! Before I go on to wax lyrical about its pros and point out a few cons, I would urge you (should you decide to buy one) to keep the box it came in. The illustrations on the back of the box are self explanatory and will save you having to refer to the comprehensive booklet time and time again. The booklet goes into in depth explanations of the various tools etc. but once you have mastered the ins and outs of the machine, the box illustrations are most helpful.

PROS:- No long wait for the steam to reach the right temperature for most jobs, but there is a steam boost facility if you need it for more mucky jobs. There is an auto select dial for different types of flooring, tiles etc. My kitchen floor for instance looks cleaner now than it has for quite some time. Adding the carpet glider to the mop makes it easy to refresh carpets - its not a stain remover/cleaner, but nonetheless when I used it on heavy traffic areas the carpet certainly looked much brighter. The added bonus - and a most important one for me, is the detachable, hand held steam cleaner. This comes with a variable steam jet nozzle, a flexible hose and handle, three small brush heads (different colours for different jobs) and a small squeegee for windows. Having put off cleaning my cooker for too long I decided to take the plunge yesterday, and was very impressed. In a very short time the steam cleaner had loosened all the gunge on the inner glass door, floor of the oven, and two very dirty oven shelves. After rinsing off the residue I was then able to use a pad to remove the remainder of the dirt with very little effort. Job done in under half the time it would normally take me. I have yet to try the bathroom attachment, but if cleaning the oven is anything to go by I shall look forward to gleaming tiles, bath and basin. All this efficiency with just the use of good old tap water - can't be bad. There are two other attachments which I know I won't use, and they are the toilet brush and the window squeegee. I would be too scared to use the window squeegee in case the glass shattered. The steam mop also comes with two cleaning pads and a resting mat to stand the mop on after use. Another particularly useful item is the net bag to keep all the tools in.

CONS:- Not many. The main one is the fact that when using the hand held steam mop, you need to keep your finger on the little trigger or else you will soon lose the steam power. As I have osteo-arthritis this can be a little bit tricky. The other little niggle is the fact that it has a tendency to lean forward slightly when left unattended, and could I think be easily knocked over. There is a hanging loop, but if like me you are short on space returning it to its box once finished with is a good idea.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.