on 5 December 2013
Gabriel's Redemption is by far my book of 2013. I could quite easily wax lyrical about it all day. I don't intend to because I wouldn't want to ruin the reading experience for anyone. If you are a lover of these books, it is one not to be missed and I am green with envy that you get to read it for the first time. It was with a heavy but happy heart that I turned the final page as I simply wanted Gabriel and Julianne's journey to last forever.

Once again Sylvain Reynard has brought the characters and the setting to life. Descriptively beautiful, we visit all our favourite places as well as new (being British, I particularly loved that Oxford plays its part and the little mention of things English made it that little more special). Gabriel and Julia's continuing story as man and wife is one of compromise, acceptance and discovery and is poignant, touching, emotional and with the humour and little bracketed notes that I love. I felt their joy and sadness, frustration and happiness and with the secondary characters we love and not love so much ever present, the final leg of their journey isn't an easy one. And I loved how these characters also got their closure.

There are some books that are just 'the ones'. From the characters to the storyline to the setting, these are the ones that you will treasure always. For me, this series are these books. Exemplary written, 5 stars are simply not enough. Literary loves come and go. Mine will forever be Professor Gabriel O. Emerson. He is my sticky little leaf.
What's this?