on 2 November 2013
I bought this product to remove some varnish off a table top. I'm asthmatic and I own a cat who can't leave anything alone so I thought a non-toxic formulation would be ideal. And in fairness to the product it hasn't exacerbated my asthma at all.

Unfortunately it has also done next to nothing to the varnish. I decided to treat a quarter of the table top first. Slathered on a thick layer, waited the half an hour recommended for varnish, came back, scraped it off and found... the varnish looking more shiny and robust than before.

I then decided to move to the advice for "5 layers of paint" so put it on for an hour, scraped it off (still looking just the same as before) then applying another coat and leaving it overnight. After the third scraping, some of the varnish had gone but then again that was probably thanks to me repeatedly scraping it for the third time. There is currently a fourth coat sitting on there but I have almost finished the tub and one quarter of the table surface is slightly stripped. Not exactly the effect I was looking for for my money.
What's this?