on 19 March 2010
I did a bit of research on cycle computers and decided to try this one after having used many different brands from the cheapest to the more mainstream offerings.
All have either broken or been lost during use in some way or were not practical.
So far so good with the NERD.
It is very easy to set up, took me 20 minutes as I had two bikes to measure for the wheel sizes. This is very easy and the instructions are some of the most user friendly I have come across.
Initially I thought the unit and sensor look very bulky and awkward but depending on the colour you choose it does actually look good, of course its a matter of taste..
Units are easy to read and the touch screen functionality is robust. It gives a feeling of quality. The casing is silicon and I choose red due to being able to see it in the hedges if it ever comes off.
Accuracy is spot on as with most cycle computers. I measured it over long distance and it was perfect.
Switching between bike one and two on the computer is easy and each bike retains its own wheel size and odometre reading.
The real beauty of this unit is the ease which I can take it off my mountainbike and attach it to my road bike in two minutes. No zip ties or tape nonsense. The silicon straps or belts, are very secure and the sensor has two notches for MTB and road forks. My MTB has Fox 32 forks and it fits nice. A minute later it is on a thin roadbike fork snug as you like.
The only negative I see is the spoke magnet which is poor for round spokes. Has to be tightened too much. This is a minor thing as any magnet will work with the unit. This is hardly worth mentioning though.
It is expensive but I have spent far more getting other units which were cheaper and not so nice to look at.
I recommend this highly!
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details