on 30 April 2014
Average.

Yes, it was short and concise. But its brevity was its problem. It felt like it was deliberately trying to be `to the point` to illustrate the point of good copy. But for me, that missed the point. It made it seem far to brief and lacking in any real sense of expertise.

I got about 40% through it and packed up. It didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know that any basic 101 of sales would tell you. And what I really wanted from each section of, "This is how you do it..." is a concrete example of something that's been done. Something that works. Something that was truly `seductive`. The examples had a hint of, "Here's something that was quickly knocked up..."

And the worksheets felt like they were designed to make the book last longer. I'm not a fast reader. I sub-vocalise and take my time. But I would've had this done in an hour...if I saw any benefit in reading it all.

All in all, if you're brand new - and I mean know nothing about sales or copywriting whatsoever - it's a quick read that gives you an introduction of the types of things you need to learn about. For anyone who's actually done any copywriting at all, or anyone of a basic grasp of sales, there are more beneficial books out there.
What's this?