on 27 June 2001
This is one of the CD's that I simply couldn't live without (I know - I want my MTV and stuff, but every time I lend it to someone to listen to I worry about getting it back)
I am tempted to go thru it track by track but that would bore everyone.... let's just say on this CD Don Henley was really paying attention. The songs on it are not only tight and well produced, but appear to have had meaning to him during their composition.
One of the most spectacular tracks is "Sunset Grill" which took me most time to get into, probably because of it's complexity and complete disregard of convention for musical 'standards' - this track leaves me in awe now everytime I hear it. (By the way, if you're lucky you might hear this on the Eagles world tour concert)
Quite apart from being a great tune, "The Boys f Summer" rates as one of my all-time best videos and I wish I could buy it somewhere as a video, I've looked (anyone know where I can get it?) It's the one where it's black and white but DEFINITELY not grey allover) This piece of music has got to be known as an anthem.
One of the tracks which surprised me in content and meaning is "A Month of Sundays" - I had no idea pop-stars were aware of the real world like this.
The rest of the CD is only excellent.
If you are a Don Henley fan or an Eagles fan - this is a 'must have' CD. If you can only afford one Henley CD - make it this one.
If you can afford others - then stick "The End of the Innocence" in your basket too. It's in the same superb vein and almost as good.
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?