Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

2 June 2015
I am not one for crime thriller but a good friend had recommended this book to me. It didn’t take me long to get into the story. There were uncertainties surrounding Dr. Victor Barnes as he reflected on his troubling and yet mysterious childhood. From an early age, Victor strived for his father’s approval whom was a neurosurgeon. Not too much was said about Victor’s father thereafter, but it kept me wondering about Victor’s past. It didn’t take long for us to realize that Victor could be a serial killer. But there’s much more beneath the seemingly obvious. There are gruesome imageries throughout the book as four victims surfaced but one was found alive. The book started to get intense and very interesting as detective Marty Bride was introduced to the casts.

Catherine Putsche is an awesome suspenseful writer. She succeeded in pulling the readers into the sick and disturbing mind of Victor Barnes. No doubt, The Surgeon’s Son is hardcore but if you like reading The Bone Collector or Gone Girl, you will be pleasantly surprise. In this genre, Catherine has formulated a novel that is worth well your time. I can’t help but envisioned a T.V. series in the works.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink